Here is an excerpt from my new book, Balancing Act: 31 Days To Health & Happiness, co-authored with Dr Erika Penney.
How do we build motivation? And how do we keep our motivation, as often it only lasts for a week or two and then disappears again?
- The trick is to find ways to build these desired behaviours into routines or habits so that we don’t need to rely on the feeling of motivation to get us going.
- Finding personal meaning is essential for overcoming those times when this feeling of motivation is lacking.
- Reconnecting with the value and meaning behind these behaviours will help you make decisions based on your long-term goals, rather than your short-term feelings.
- Making value-driven choices is the most evidence-based way of feeling long-term satisfaction and fulfilment in life.
– Written by Dr Erika Penney and Bridget Hales
Read more here!