Hello, Friends! Happy August, and welcome to today’s Strength Training Workout post!
When I exercise from home, I usually stick to a simple weightlifting routine and I would love to share it with you today.
It is a relatively quick workout that you can add into your day, and I finish up with some yoga stretches and foam roller.
You Will Need:
1 x Kettle Bell
2 x Dumbbells (use your preferred weight/s for each exercise)
Optional: Yoga Mat & Foam Roller
Strength Training Workout:
- Squats (3 sets of 10 repetitions) Note: These can be done with or without dumbbells; with dumbbells = Bicep Curls
- Kettle Bell Swings (3 sets of 10 repetitions with kettle bell)
- Overhead Presses (3 sets of 10 repetitions with dumbbells)
- Bicep Curls (3 sets of 10 repetitions with dumbbells)
- External Rotators (3 sets of 10 repetitions with dumbbells)
- Forward Raises (3 sets of 10 repetitions with dumbbells)
- Lateral Raises (3 sets of 10 repetitions with dumbbells)
- Goblet Squats (3 sets of 10 repetitions with kettle bell)
- Lunges (3 sets of 10 repetitions per leg)
Finish With: Stretches & Foam Roller
The stretches below make up a nice yoga sequence, but if you are short on time just stick to the stretches marked in bold.
- Foam Roller
- Cat & Dog Stretches
- Kneeling Lunge
- Lying Hamstring Stretch
- Reclining Spinal Twist
- Through-The-Hole Stretch
- Knee Hug
- Bound Angle
- Sitting Forward Bend
- Quad & Hip Flexors Stretch
- Half Moon (Side Stretch)
- Standing Forward Bend
- Yoga Mudra
- Reverse Warrior
- Spinal Twist
- Corpse pose, and a few minutes of rest and meditation
If you can add this workout into your routine 2-3 times a week (say, Monday, Wednesday, Friday) I can guarantee it will add to your health and happiness, and improve your sense of wellbeing. Try it and see!
See you next time, Bridget x