Summary: Top Ten Tips For Creating A Morning Ritual To Help You Focus On The Day Ahead
- Set your alarm earlier than what you might expect you would need.
- Lay out yoga/workout clothes the night before and put them on immediately for stretching/exercise first thing to start the day.
- Do a few minutes of meditation and relaxation to calm your mind.
- Drink lots of water upon waking, and also lemon water.
- Write goals out the night before and refer to these in the morning (focusing on no more than three important goals for the day).
- Have positive thoughts and specific affirmations for the day.
- Avoid news and social media, and focus on your own goals first before responding to emails and other distractions.
- Always eat breakfast, and eat the same thing each day to avoid decision fatigue.
- Read inspiring, interesting, and positive material (if you have extra time).
- Write down any thoughts, points, or ideas from your readings to take with you into the day ahead.
Bonus Tips: Do things that make you happy, such as listening to music, or use uplifting scents such as lavender, lemongrass, eucalyptus, peppermint, and rose.