The Evening Routine – Summary: Five Tips To Prepare For Sleep
- Have a hot bath or shower – this relaxes your muscles.
- Try some light yoga poses, such as cat and dog stretches or child’s pose. The foam roller can also help as a way to massage sore muscles.
- Meditation and relaxation – think positive thoughts and say specific affirmations to yourself.
- Avoid the computer, phone, and TV right before bed, and instead write a list of your own personal goals for the following day (with pen and paper).
- Read a book or magazine to relax.